Title: Marketing Manager
Tenure: Long-term Position / 36-month minimum expectation
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Terms: Salaried Professional: full-time, year-round position
Location: Aspen, CO
Casterline|Goodman Gallery is a fine art gallery and art advisory office providing art consultation in both the primary and secondary markets. Our expertise lies in working together with clients to understand their personal aesthetic and collecting goals in order to find works of art that fit their interests and budget. We believe that understanding the overall market is an integral part of our job as consultants and take pride in educating our clients on the market conditions of any given artist or specific piece. As such, the Marketing Manager position requires long-term strategic thinking and planning on what is messaged, to whom. This strategy is combined with a high attention to detail and timely execution on many simultaneous projects with tight deadlines. This is achieved through the following focus areas:
- Communications Strategy: directly develops, manages, and continuously updates and refines a communications strategy that includes clear standards, focused goals and measurable outcomes.
- Graphic Design: Creation of print and digital marketing materials, including but not limited to advertisements, annual and quarterly reports, brochures, event schedules, posters, postcards, direct mail pieces, formal invitations, catalogs, newsletters, e-mail blasts, social media and more. Maintain the graphic standards of the gallery in all print, digital, and social marketing pieces while meeting deadlines. Organize and manage the gallery's photo library and archives.
- Digital Media Communications: execute a robust digital media strategy that engages audiences, drives event attendance and deepens long term consistency across social media, websites and email communications. This individual creates all email and social media campaigns, ensuring synchronicity between all digital platforms and may also be called upon to perform website updates as needed. This requires exceptional creative storytelling abilities, the technical know-how to segment and target a variety of audiences, as well as advise on paid campaign budgets.
- Event Management: ideate and execute upon select gallery events throughout the year, with a focus on community engagement and strategic partnerships. Includes liaising with other arts organizations, arts-related non-profits and brainstorming around lecture series programs, artistic instruction and/or events that generate media and community attention (think outside the "cocktail party" box).
- Staff and Vendor Management: Directly manages the execution and delivery of exceptional communications alongside colleagues and external service providers. Interpersonal skills include the ability to connect with artists, art collectors and community members of varied backgrounds in order to capture excellent stories for digital and other marketing initiatives.
- Marketing Calendar: directly and proactively collaborates across galleries and advisory services to develop a unified long-term calendar of messaging topics and content that appropriately integrates and rotates through competing initiatives and consistently reinforce a controlled and consistent image and brand internally throughout the organization including a social media-specific monthly calendar. Strong interest in numbers and detailed knowledge of analytical data. Able to translate complex data sets and incorporate them into marketing plans.
- Visual Brand Identity: oversee the development of a consistent brand identity across all Casterline|Goodman communications and collateral materials, including digital assets, print pieces and event signage as applicable. Visual identity standards should be updated every three to five years. Assure brand standards are regularly communicated to colleagues and vendors for consistency.
- The descriptions above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the role.
- All personnel are required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- This role requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as needed, and particularly intense time demands during various seasonal initiatives, depending upon exhibition and event schedules.
- This job description may be changed or updated at any time throughout employment.
Expected Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in MailChimp/email marketing email blast newsletter creation and list management, as well as blog content creation as needed.
- Proficiency with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter),
- A sample email and social media campaign as well as a writing sample or relevant skills test may be requested for consideration.
- Proficiency with graphic design software such as the Adobe suite of products.
- Strong computer skills, and experience with standard software including, but not limited to, content management systems (we use ArtLogic).
- Proven time-management skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to multitask, coordinate current and long-range projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both in a team setting as well as independently. Self-starter. Must be a strong and proactive communicator, both in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, working with all departments across the organization, as well high net-worth art collectors, artists and community members.
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent college degree.
- Physical Requirements: typical examples of physical tasks include reaching, standing, sitting, typing, talking, crouching, kneeling, seeing, and hearing. Occasional lifting and carrying camera equipment up to 25lbs.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Health insurance subsidy
- Aspen Snowmass ski pass
- Paid Time Off
- Professional/continuing education support
- Salary range $75,000-$90,000/year, depending upon experience
Who We Are: Casterline|Goodman Gallery, specializing in post-war and contemporary art, is committed to bringing first-tier investment-grade original artworks from the 20th and 21st centuries to market. Casterline|Goodman works as a boutique investment art firm with a strong background in the art market and art fund management.
With a combined total of over 30 years in the business, Robert Casterline and Jordan Goodman assist clients in all aspects of building a fine art collection. By utilizing long-term relationships, industry knowledge, and a strong presence in the global art community, Casterline|Goodman is able to help collectors acquire significant works of art from both established and emerging artists. Casterline|Goodman staff travels around the world regularly exhibiting in art fairs and attending gallery openings, museum exhibitions, and auctions in order to provide its clientele with the most current information regarding the global art market.
We cultivate a culture of experimentation and collaboration, offering world-class art advisory services across diverse mediums, experienced staff and access to the highest quality artistic exhibition experiences.
Submit complete application via email to Natalie Antoine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials to include:
2.) Letter of intent indicating potential and desire for the position.
3.) Links to your website or other relevant social media are also required.
4.) Three references and contact information for each.
Applications are currently being accepted and the position will remain open until filled
Casterline|Goodman Gallery is an equal opportunity employer.